1. This writer believes that one of the reasons the far right wing has always been fractured in this country, is the intense hatred and intolerant views or tunnel vision of these groups and their members. The writer also believes one of the reasons for the greater factorization during the 30s compared to the present time was a product of both economic conditions and the technology of the times. The groups in the 30s had to rely on the US Postal system to exchange their pamphlets. Unlike the groups from the 1980s that were quick to develop mailing lists over faxes and the use of the internet to exchange their pamphlets in the 1990s.
2. Facts and Fasicsm, George Seldes, New Union Press, 1943, p68.
3. Trading with the Enemy, Charles Higham, Barnes & Noble, 1983, p162.
4. Trading with the Enemy, p163.
5. Trading with the Enemy, p163-165.
6. Trading with the Enemy, p165-167.
7. Trading with the Enemy, p167.
8. Facts and Fascism, p46.
9. Facts and Fascism, p70-75.
10. Trading with the Enemy, p154-155.
11. Facts and Fascism, p135-136.
12. Facts and Fascism, p137.
13. Facts and Fascism, p134.
14. Facts and Fascism, p134.
15. Facts and Fascism, p129-131.
16. Facts and Fascism, p 124-125.
17. Men of the Far Right, Richard Dudman, Pyramid, 1962, p126-128.
19. Facts and Fascism, p203-204.
20. Facts and Fascism, p126-127.
21. Facts and Fascism, p184-190.
22. Facts and Fascism, p184.
24. Facts and Fascism, p213.
25. Facts and Fascism, p215.
26. Facts and Fascism, p220.
28. Undercover, John Carlson, E.P. Dutton, 1943, p232-234.
29. Undercover, p293.
30. Sabotage, Albert Kahn, Harper & Brothers, 1942, p140.
31. Undercover, p235.
32. Undercover, p238.
34. Sabotage, p247-248.
36. Facts and Fascism, p255.
37. Facts and fascism, p258-259.
38. Facts and Fascism, p261-262.
40. Undercover, p258.
41. Undercover, p241.
42. Undercover, p243.
43. List of those Indicted: Elizabeth Dilling, Howard Victor Broenstrupp, William Dudley Pelly, Prescot Freese Dennett, Charles B. Hudson, Court Asher,Eugene Nelson Sanctuary, James C. True, Oscar Brumback, Edward James Smythe, Gerald B. Winrod, Elmer J. Garner, David J. Baxter, William Kullgren, C Leon de Aryan, Robert Edwards Edmondson, Ellis O. Jones, William Robert Lyman, Jr, George Sylvester Viereck, William Griffin, Hans Diebel, Hudson de Priest, Robert Noble, Ralph Townsend, Donald McDaniel, James F. Garner, Otto Brennermann, Herman Max Schwinn
44. It is this writer’s opinion that there is a very fine line between the crime of sedition and free speech. Overall the writer views the sedition trials negatively. The writer believes that some of those indicted were guilty of nothing more than exercising their right to free speech. Others were certainly guilty of sedition or even more serious crimes.
48. Under Cover, p55.
53. Power on the Right, William Turner, Ramparts Press, 1971, p15.
59. Women of the Far Right, Glen Jeansonne, University of Chicago Press, 1996, p105.
60. Sabotage, p245.
61. Facts and Fascism, p 281-282.
62. Old Nazis, the New Right and the Republican Party, Russ Bellant, South End Press, 1988, p31.
63. Sabotage, p200-202.
64. Sabotage, p215-216.
66. Compromised Campus, Sigmund Diamond, Oxford University Press, 1992, p335.
68. Soldiers of God, Howard Bushart, John Craig, Myra Barnes, Pinnacle Books, 1998, p124-125.
69. Time Bomb, E.A. Piller, Arco Publishing, 1945, p43.
70. Time Bomb, p 52.
71. Time Bomb, p44.
72. American Swastka , Charles Higham, Doubleday, 1985, p38-39.
73. America Swastika, p45-47.
74. American Swastika, p78.
76. Hitler's Undercover War, William Breur, St. Martin's Press, 1989, pp. 138-139.
78. I Find Treason, Richard Rollins, William Morrow & Co, 1941, p80.
79. I Find Treason, p 81.
80. Secret Armies, John Spivak, Modern Age Books, 1939,p75-77.
82. Facts and Fascism. p 73.
86. Facts and Fascism, p257.
87. Facts and Fascism, p256.
89. The following pro-fascist groups were aligned with the American First Committee:German American Bund, Silver Shirts, Christian Front, Ku Klux Klan, American Destiny Party, American Guards, American White Guards, Blackshirts and Italian Fascist Clubs, Christian Mobilizers, Ethiopian-Pacific League, Falangists, Gray Shirts Kyffhaeuser Bund, National Copperheads, National Workers League, Patriots of the Republic, Save America First, Save Our American Clubs, Social Justice Clubs, White Russian Fascist, and many elements of the mothers movement including Dilling. Source Sabotage, p208.
90. CIA opens its Files on Third Reich Figures, Mark Fritz, Boston Globe, 4,27,01.
92. The Nazi Movement in the Unitied States 1924-1941, Sander Diamond, Cornell University Press, p1974, p89 &102.
93. Mystery Man, Dale Harrington, Brassey, 1999.
94. . http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/nw- srv/issue/24_98b/printed/int/eur/ovbz0324_2.htm
95. Mystery Man, p 137-161.
96. Trading With the Enemy, Charles Higham, Barnes & Noble, 1983, p162-166.
98. American Swastika, p40.
99. The Official German Report, O John Rogge, A.S. Burnes, 1961, p254-255.
100. Mystery Man, p118.
101. America Swastiza, p45.
102. The Official German Report, p170-171.
103. It’s a Secret, Henry Hoke, Pamphlet Press, 1946, p14-15.
104. Mystery Man, p206.
105. Mystery Man, p205-208.
106. American Swastika, p57.
107. The Plot to Seize the White House, Jules Archer, Hawthorn.
108. The Plot, p175.
109. The Plot, p193.
110. The Plot, p197.
111. The Plot, p198.
112. Roosevelt's Secret War, Joseph Persico, Random House, 2001, p 189.
113. Roosevelt and Hitler; Prelude to War, Robert Herzstein, Paragon, 1989, p153.
114. Roosevelt and Hitler, p154.
115. Roosevelt and Hitler, p173.
116. Roosevelt and Hitler, p328.
117. Roosevelt and Hitler, p386-394.
118. Roosevelt and Hitler, p 392-393.
119. The Secret War Against The Jews, John Loftus, Mark Aaarons, St Martins, 1994, p74.